Re: MKSpeech: Open source, Low cost notetaker

Hello SLJ,
Thank you!
I am still thinking and trying to look the best options for making the price even more affordable. Right now the problem will be to produce the device in a good amount of units for decreasing the price. I am estimating that the price will start from (USD) $300 with a keyboard, and up to $450 with 64 GB of memory and the two keyboards. I still have to try to put 128 GB of memory there and see how it works.
About the keyboards, this is the funny and difficult part. Right now I have done the circuitry for power management, audio stuff and functions for charging and letting you know the battery's status. If the campaign gets enough donations I will start to work in the case (I made one, but we need to make a custom model and print it in 3d for being easier to produce) and the keyboard, I have developed the keyboards (both QWERTY and Braille) in theory, I mean I have the needed files and drivers, but we would need more money for buying needed p ieces and make some prototypes.
Unfortunately it's a bit expensive to develop this kind of pieces because I have to print only an unit of each of them, and it's when they cost much more. If I'd ask like 50 or 100 units the price would be cheaper. But I think it is totally doable, and the software part is almost ready.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manuelcortez via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manuelcortez via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manuelcortez via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Hrvoje via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manuelcortez via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector