Re: new game online! Desafio Mortal

A lot of the commands you mentioned in one of your "proof" posts are pretty simple things. Stuff that most games of this type would probably have built in, even using similar syntax.

Yes, David, I'll admit it looks fishy, and I don't like the timing. But that isn't absolutely damning all by itself. I'm playing devil's advocate here.

BlinkWizard, I don't necessarily think you're lying, but unfortunately (another devil's advocate argument here) there's a bit of stuff muddying the water here. You were banned for cloning Ultra Power, and so perhaps you feel you have a score to settle. The info you provided as proof is, to my eyes at least, not decisive; it's interesting, but not conclusive one way or the other. And now the dev has plugged some of those holes, at least. What would be nice is if someone else, not you, had also managed to find some of these hidden back doors and the like. Because most of what we' ;ve got from you is hearsay, except for the dubious bits of proof you've presented. So if I was a judge in this case, I'd be in a really, really tough spot. Because both sides have some mud on them, so to speak.

So, ethical question for ya. If the game used some Ultra Power source code but no one can prove it, and if it's now working very hard on becoming its own project, what's the stance on that? Because the more I think about it, the more I suspect that's what happened. Obviously it's not okay to use that source code, but definitive proof can no longer be furnished, and some of the old proofing methods are no longer valid...so it's really going to come down to a "his word versus theirs" scenario.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_solomon1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : staindaddict via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : staindaddict via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : MorganP via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector