Re: 4dimentions mud

Okay after lots of running around and hack n slash on aardwolf I was in the mood for something a bit more interlectual and decided to give this one another go.

I finished the newbie zone and did all the tasks though didn't get anything for it which was a might disappointing.

I am now trying cooking since some of the trades look interesting.
One thing I will say is this game has some really awesome vi maps, even down to areas like outerspace, and people are good at answering questions which is very nice, although I do find some of the syntax for some activities a bit irritating (I couldn't get racing sorted since I didn't know how to equip items onto my horse and the sign just saying "saddle horse" didn't help.

One thing which does look nice is the fact that trades in this game are far more about exploring, eg, to cook you need to actually find ingredients for which you need to wander around, as well as do tasks like churn mil k into cheese, farm vegitables, get filets of meet from corpses etc.

I am not sure et how much in terms of things like plants is randomly generated and how much you need to explore, but I do like the fact that the trades really do give you something to do besides mob murder.

Btw, speaking of mob murder, one thing I do notice is that each time zone has suggested newbie areas such as the royal forest in medieval or the game grid in future.

The only major problem I have is comparing items and knowing what gear I should use for what, though as I'm concentrating on trades right now I haven't run into anything too dire.