Re: TBD

Hi.
Well so it is what it is.
Well blink thanks for responding on this thread to the reply from the initial thread and owning up for the initial leak.
This makes sence.
There is no excuse for what you did but I do share frustration as a user at times.
Being now part of sonnar and before that a player, somewhere in there a pirate myself I understand the angles and its not always easy to put them together.
Its a pity the authors of some of these games don't just ask the origional authors first.
Its a pity that the code and licence files are so wide spread though.
Still what's done is done now and there is no point crying over this.
You know mason especially with mtg, I was tempted to share some of those betas, I didn't but still I would understand why someone would.
When you crash and burn everything else burns with you.
Then it comes up then goes down, at the end we are unsure what to believe.
I always suppo rt people when they come up, I guess I am a sucker, or a bored bastard or both who knows.
I just want to see people succeed.
Sadly I see no real solution to ultrapower bar just dropping it completely.
Its so wide spread and as the guy that started this mess has owned up, well its the way it is.
Maybe the only thing you can do is have each developer licence the code for whatever and have a licence where each needs to be able to use the code with permition from all 3 devs or something or something like the gpl or one of its varients.
I agree its damn not ideal but it may just have to be that way to avoid another war on this forum.
Either that or each game that is made with the idea or whatever will have to be assessed, heck maybe up could be converted to a framework for a type of game.
Its not perfect, but its probably making the best of a situation that shouldn't have had to get this far in the first place.
We the community will be able to judge if something is an exact copy of another thing or not.
If it is, we will go against it, if it isn't then we will have to judge it on its merrits.
As long as there are official licences then it shouldn't matter who owns it as long as they get any credit and follow whatever terms are in those files.
Using the same code, hmmm but basing a game off something else is probably ok.
Sad but true.
We will have to do something about this eventually.
No that doesn't mean I will ever play the game discussed after all the crazyness that went on well.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tabutcu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tabutcu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blink_wizard via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : masonian via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Andy93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector