Re: audio editing software on the Mac

The thing with Logic and GarageBand is that, allthough they have accessible interfaces, the problem is, actually editing audio, like cutting and pasting, I haven't figured that out, and I've been using a mac for years. The thing I like about them, that Gold Wave will never have, is that if you have a file you want to put  in  your song, say, a sound effect, you can find it in the finder, then press command c, as if you were going to move it to a different location, then go to a track in GarageBand/logic, then paste the file! It creates a new audio track with your audio file in it. Before I found out about that, I was told that I had to have all my sound libraries and stuff in my iTunes library. No Thanks! And, they all said that if I didn't want to do that, Drag and Drop was my only option... Again... Nope! Wrong answer! I actually just got ProTools, about a month ago. It's nice... The software instrument bundles are a bit better than what Apple offer s, but they're not necessarily as good as something like a yamaha tyros or a roland FA 8, but they're ok. Now, on the otherhand, apple has Avid, beat when it comes to their drum kit virtual instruments... Not the ones that come with logic, in the legacy category... Those suck worse than xpand2's drums, I'm talking about the ones that come with AutoPlay Drummer. They're not necessarily Addictive drums, or superior drummer, but they're free, and are better than most of the kits you see on a tyros which costs 5 thousand dollars. Now, back to ProTools. I haven't figured editing on it, but I've been told, it's a bit more accessible than Apple's solution. So, untilI figure that out, I've been using GoldWave for my audio needs in a vm, which I do all my audio gaming on, and then go back to ProTools or Logic for my midi...