Re: Redspot Crashing Issues

blink_wizard wrote:

Hi there. It just happened to me a few minutes ago. I had a large number of items and 8 item grabbers. Um, never seen it in another game. Something's going on because stw doesn't do that and god only knows how big that game is. So I wouldn't say its a bgt bug, never seen this happen before. I think its time for Mr. Tupy to use the garbage_collect(); function.

Yeah. That's why I have a hard time believing that it's a BGT bug.

blink_wizard wrote:

As for your problem with the name thing, that's because Sam added a thing where if you disconnect, you can't come online with the same name until someone kills it. The players are stored in an array, and sam doesn't remove your name from the server, and making it think you're already playing. That's kind of stupid, but that's about the only fix you can get for people who go offline in the middle of an attack. You'll have to either get someone to kill that player or just change your name. Annoying but o well. The net event problems, that's an easy fix. Just destroy the network object when you go to the main menu.

That's just plain stupid. GRRRRRRRRR! Why do people have to abuse a game to the point where a dev has to add a feature that doesn't take you off line. So now, if I want to go offline, I had better just kill myself. Just! Plain! Stupid!