Re: Hello, I introduce myself!

@raygrote.
At last I find someone else who shares these interests!

I make MML for the NEC PC-9801. I really like the style of Touhou, which was a long time ago for that computer.
I do not understand the FM synthesis, because it is visual with respect to sound waves, operators and modulators.
I got the sound patches that are used in Touhou, just as I can get those that have been used in other games for the NEC PC-9801 (if they are available on the web)

I would like to do MML with PPMCK, XPMCK, but more would like to learn MML in XPMCK; As it offers many sound chips to work with, even with the YM2612 (output to VGM files if I'm not mistaken)
What is very difficult, is that to program sounds in the PPMCK, it is necessary to know the Hexadecimal system, and since I have very little knowledge (But I know the numbers from 0 to FF) I am very difficult and there is no guide for Beginners that is easy to follow.
I know the basics of MML (musical no tes, metadata) the only thing that can change with respect to MML in old computers and old video game consoles, is how to define channels, how to define the instruments, macros and much plus.

The software I use to write MML files is the PMD98 (Professional Music Driver) used to create music for the YM2608 sound chip.

The files are compiled with a command-line application called MC (Music Compiler) that runs under MS-DOS.

The program I use to run Command Line Applications is the MS-DOS Player, which is accessible.
The output files have the extension * .M (YM2203 OPN Format) * .M2 (YM2608 OPNA Format) and several sound cards. They are played with a software called FMPMD2000.

The software I use to make MIDIs, is the MidiText, made by QuentinC, which is the most effective tool in my opinion to work with MIDI.
I'm not good at keyboards for doing MIDIs, so my alternative is text.

Here's a Touhou song for the NEC PC-98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuOkeTMoCgg

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DEKYO-Nec2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DEKYO-Nec2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : brian . kurosawa via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DEKYO-Nec2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DEKYO-Nec2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DEKYO-Nec2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DEKYO-Nec2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DEKYO-Nec2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DEKYO-Nec2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DEKYO-Nec2608 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector