Re: lack of the development in Survive the Wild and other issues

severestormsteve1 wrote:

In other words:
1. Sam is not suitable for creating games because he has no budget for collaborations, and cannot work well with others. Well, he has a budget, but does not know how to properly balance it to meet all of his game's required needs, and is unwilling or unable to seek out better ways to deal with it.

So if you don't want to risk source code getting jacked, or give out things you have worked hard for to acomplish, you're uncapable of developing? To build such a large game, and taking the tools with wich it was done to hights they might not even be ment for, is what i'd call being darn smart and intelligent, thus more than capable enough to do things, just limited in time by school and other important activities. From the moment homework can do itself automatically, and tests put themselves in your head... there would be more time for developping...

2. Sam is not suited for game development because unless it's just a couple lines of BGT, he can't fix it, at least not now.

Same school argument as above. Also, the more complex the server gets, the more lines of code can be found, and the harder debugging gets. Since stw is two years or older, that means two years or more of code, and that also means that finding things going rong harder by the line.

3. Sam is not suited for creating a nature game because automatic natural disasters are bad because they are automatic and lack human judgement? Okay since when did natural disasters rely upon that? If they did, I guess Hitler is on the lower scale of bad, because many natural disasters happen on earth each year, killing millions upon millions of innocent people and shredding lives and families, so the dudes in control of that must be heartless monsters.
B asically what I'm saying is this. Natural disasters being controlled by members of staff or whomever is about as realistic as grass tiles in the ocean.

Sure, disasters automatically going off at random amounts of time, on random maps where no one would be playing at that moment, certainly is going to serve their purpose. Or, people will never try to claim they died due to a disaster because of the high health it took away, while there wasn't even a disaster. Oh and lets not forget that people won't go offline to escape disasters, certainly when there's no admin around to watch them. (but that can be done by the system: the system will know when someone went offline during a disaster or not) Sure, but would it know the difference if it was due to lag, due to cheap escaping etc? And certainly other players won't complain then that joe33 went offline while a disaster went, and they don't see anything happen etc...

I absolutel y have nothing more to add, besides that calling someone incapable of developing a game just because he has school obligations, and because he doesn't want his hard worked on code to get elsewhere then own hands is just trying to throw a stone but missing by 20 miles. Also, to my mind, it reveals "i want the game to have updates, i want bugs to get fixed I I I I I I I and the rest can go bye"...