Re: Fantastic news regarding Sony PS4 Text to Speech

Hi.
The Ps4 consoles which are soled in the US have different hardware than the others which are soled world wide. When the firmware is installed or updated, it detects the hardware, and activates the needed parts of the software, depending on your hardware.
Regarding to what voices which are used in the different countries, well, that's different. If the company supports the language, they might have put a voice on the system which speaks that language. If not, the main US or UK voice is just used, and then it's reading the interface in the language you have chosen. You can then switch to the english language and use the speech like all other people. That's what I'm doing on my XBox and on other products as well which don't have a danish speech. Just use the UK or the US voices.
So, in other words, Sony have no reason to block us from using the TTS function. I mean, what's the point of spending time on making the screenreader, and then block the whole world, accept for the Americans from using it? I think some people are right when saying that Sony is only doing this because of the American law. Why make this available only in the US? Because that's the only country where you have the accessibility law. So let's block all other people world wide from using the function, and people can't complain about it, because there is no law for accessibility in other countries.
Regarding to why I like the Ps4 interface better than the XBox: That's simple. Most menus don't wrap, and I can navigate the menus I remember without speech. I find the interface difficult to navigate on the XBox, even with speech. If there were no speech, I would have given up using it.