Re: lack of the development in Survive the Wild and other issues

shotgunshell wrote:

Oh boy, I have a few posts right now that I need to talk about. Before I start, keep in mind that I'm just going based on what I've seen from these posts and posts from other topics similar to this 1. Here we go, lets get started on post 10.

"Life is not all about opinions. If you have your own opinion then it is yours, not mine nor Sam's opinion. Sam and admins have always been trying to prevent cheaters from doing and getting shit which they didn't work for, God knows what were they cheating in the tree houses, or come on you say, do you accept being under a tree house and I throw stuff over your head until you're dead? Or you'd later cry whine about how you died without PK flag on."

Let me kick off by saying a very popular phrase. If you don't cheat, you don't try. That rule applies to being in the wild, a lot. While I think dropping things from the tr ee house shouldn't be possible, because there is ground under your feet and the branches should be able to slow the descent of the object, I don't think that tree houses should be disposed of all together.

"So, how can you have a shelter inside a watery ocean that is to say, in a paddle point where walking is disallowed? Or come on telling me that grass only accepts shelters, so what about if I drop something in an ocean and draw out my firestarter and burn it to make a fire inside an ocean, does that sound realistic for you?"

No, not at all, and you're right about that. You should not be able to build shelters in the ocean.

Post 12:

"@shellman building tree houses was banned, yes, but let's think why. you fall from the mountain, so open your inventory and drop a plank, you are floating in air and don't lose much health or anything like that. then continue on your way. every time you fall just drop a plank, you're safe. it is not taken out of the game forever, i've had discussions with sam on how he will bring it back so it works in a different way. just about everyone misses the ability to build tree houses with planks and blocks. and if i remember right you weren't too hapy when you got stuck in a block trap turned on pk and got grenaded nearly to death before you could log out, so it's a double edged sword i suppose."

I agree with you so far, people drop planks in the air to prevent from falling and getting seriously hurt, and that was stopped because of it being a cheat. For a tree house to work, you need nails, and something for said nails to go into, for example, oh I don't know, maybe a tree? So yes, I get what you're saying. But wait, lets go back a little bit.

"and if i remember right you weren't too hapy when you got stuck in a block trap turned on pk and got grenaded nearly to death before you could log out, so it's a double edged sword i suppose."

Did you say grenaded? So, you can't drop planks in the air, but somehow, you can obtain grenades? That makes total sense, I mean who hasn't found a random grenade lying about in a birds nest before, right?

Being grenaded to death because you turn on pk, when caught in a block trap doesn't mean you find grenades there, but that others trapped you inside a huge block of blocks, without any way to escape. The grenading to death was either caused by the trapped person due to nerves, or by those standing around when he finally got freed.

shotgunshell wrote:

"@shellman dropping grass in the ocean to put a shelter, aside from it being so completely unrealistic to be laughable, think of how people used that to chat? drop planks grass mud whatever in the ocean and it's a walkable and a bikable tile. so people would do that and just bike across the ocean. or drop them and a new player would be paddeling and get stuck on a random mud tile in the middle of the ocean, and have no clue why they can no longer paddle anymore or anything."

Yet another point I agree with you on, you shouldn't be able to drop grass in the water and expect it to stay afloat, it should sink and you should never be able to grab it again. However, this is the last thing I'll be fully agreeing with you on for the rest of the post because of the following.

"@shellman you want to talk about the admins, and the old admins, this is just beautiful. let's i assume you mean people like naday, walter, rowan, bill, blaze, mariah. well with walter, yes everyone loved walter, but tell me 1 thing, just 1 single thing, what did he do for the game? he loved to give stuff away for free, you're new, hey have 100 bikes and 200 pop cans. well that shit don't fly anymore. it's survive the wild, the admins aren't allowed to copy sam's inventory and start giving that stuff away. we have our own inventories, and we play with normal inventories like every other player in the game."

Hold on just a second now. So you're trying to tell me that nobody's allowed to be generous in the game and you have to put up with the stuff that you can pick up off the ground. No, I don't think people should copy Sams inventory, or anyone else's for that matter, but I also don't think that people should have to keep stuff to theirselves if they happen to feel nice enough to give something to someone, which is what it looks like you're saying. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about this though.

No, we can give people some meat, or what not, only exception is newbies, because they need to learn how to play, not rely on admins to get them started. And, the player in question has to be in "p key" viewing distance, else, too bad...

shotgunshell wrote:

"@shotgunshell lol, you do what every other person who has nothing to say does. let's make a very broad sweeping statement and say nothing to back it up. sam is abusing power, yeah, he sure is, k i'm done, nothing else to say. please oh please give me examples of how he is abusing power, and please at mention me so i can come and explain how and why you are wrong and probably lying."

Encase you have been living under a rock and not checking the forum, which I'm 90% sure that you haven't been checking, there was a Redspot topic a little while back which showed pretty clearly that the admins didn't know what they were talking about by ignoring most of the messages and repeating the same thing over and over and over. I just assume that this is how Sam runs all of his games, there for I spoke accordingly based on the info I read.

Well, if you refer to the topic whe rein all the bases mess and so on was mentioned along with a tactic on how to blow up an all mighty and well planned base etc... For some part, you need to ignore the rank, because for some part they were playing just like (not me) and you and joe33. I can only speak out of expirience, but if there's something that Sam doesn't allow to happen is that his games are run like we feel like it. Admins have rules, admins have obligations and if we don't follow them, well, let's just say you'd see a demote message rather soon.

shotgunshell wrote:

"overall i can just bearly get where your frustration is coming from, but it is just annoying how misplaced it is and how nothing was thought out beyond, me angry, me want, me want. and it is so beautiful how you post this right when there is a pk competition, something that has never been done, something that is completely new. it is within the bounds of the game as it is, not needing a update. something i thought out personally, something i am taking the time and money, real money to put together."

What money. This so called, "money," your spending is to make events for STW, a game that you are just a simple admin of. You don't have to spend anything unless Sam is making you pay to host this event, there for I have no reason to believe that you're spending a single penny on this thing.

Well you better believe it. If smoke-j wouldn't use real money, that would mean he'd cheat on the stw store, thus on Sam, and thus wouldn't be apriciated for that. As far as I know, everyone organizing competitions did so with real money, because other wise the winner would just get a price out of smoke-j's inventory.

shotgunshell wrote:

"but i'm one of those admins with too much power, not one of them admins who just give st uff away for free, so i guess it doesn't count?"

It's not about giving stuff away for free, it's about being an honest and trust worthy admin, and so far, I already know your pulling wool over my eyes because of this money thing, which you know as well as I do that you're not doing anything that would cost money, so you're already lying about something.

Well, nope, arguments given above, there's no wool involved anywhere.

shotgunshell wrote:

"now i must ask, do you like windy wolf, the grassland, the caves, twin peeks, any of those maps? cause what maps were made before that that were ever finished and added to the game? how many admins are currently working on more maps and other things to be added to the game? i feel i must ask cause folks again make these big sweeping statements and all their facts and assumptions are just wrong. do you know what kick ass shi t sam is currently working on?"

No, and I don't give a damn because I don't play the game anymore, and haven't for the last year.

That's more or less your loss, sort of. smile

shotgunshell wrote:

"nope, you don't, the answer to everything is no,no, and no, but still all these assumptions based in half truths. please reply and try to tell me i'm wrong, cause the thing is have these things called facts, not opinions, and that's what i reply with. i won't make general statements about how upset i am with something when i haven't even got any of the facts about it. you wonder why sam needs breaks, it's cause of crap like this, no appreciation, just complain complain complain this is bad, that is bad, i don't like this, sam fix this, sam answer me on skype, sam why won't you listen to me, sam you are a baby, sam you did this wrong, sam sam sam, nothing good, all the negativity with people's opinions that are just wrong. and let me be the first to tell you, you have the right to an opinion, and opinions are also right or wrong. so all i can say is you have the right to be wrong all you want. but please, try to figure out the full truth, not just half truths that only support what you want to think, there is the truth, and there is all that will be posted in this topic by all sorts of people who are pissed off about one thing or another that doesn't make sense to anyone but them and their fairy tale land they live in.

over all i'm done, i still hope this wildly incorrect shotgunshell will post his crap about sam and i'm assuming the admins abusing their powers. one thing i do love doing is proving people wrong for everyone to see."

That's 2 things that we have in common. That's w hy I'm here, to prove you wrong, because as far as I can tell you are 1 of the very few people who thinks that the players are the bad guys here. And go ahead, prove me wrong in front of everyone, because I won't answer back here. If you want to talk about this outside of the forum, I'd be glad to chat with you more. Either way you have my contact info, and I'm done stating my opinion on this topic, so don't bother sending responses to me, because I don't have the motivation to answer you. Good day.

One thing before i close this reply: no one said that all players are bad, but what needs pointing out is that admins could do with less criticism that is based on thin air, or assumptions. I myself, have always tried to give everyone a fair response, and if there's room for improvement, why deny so. What is annoying though, is that some times, you get pointed at for something that's either an outdated way of things being r un, or things that simply don't happen.
Anyway... akilor closes reply...

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Amine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Amine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Amine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Smoke-J via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : criticview via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : criticview via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Smoke-J via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Amine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Cocoa via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Cocoa via Audiogames-reflector