Ideas for a 3-d game

I'm not the kind of person to talk about a potential game before it's released; so I won't say much about a game I may or may not finish.
What I will do, however, is ask the audiogames community in general, what you would like to see in a 3-dimensional game environment.
Despite what I said above, I should probably elaborate just a bit more on what type of game this might be, so I'll do so by pointing at examples. Think redspot (heavy pk, lots of violence). Think swamp (no, not the zombies; the skills for weapon classes and specific weapons). Also with a lot of strategy thrown in - I want multiple ways to play and have the game be enjoyable for all.

Specifically, I'm looking for ideas and recommendations for things like skills, items, structures that players could place on maps (and what you would need in order to build them!), what these structures would and would not do for players, and items.
Items that help with strategy, items that help with violence... I want you guys to think outside the box.

As an example, maybe a strategy-helping item would be a tracker dart. Players will not make ping noises when they are near you, so if you manage to hit someone with this dart, they *will* begin making a ping sound, only for you and only when they are in your hearing range. This would help you track them better when knowing where they are is critical to your survival, or their death!
An example of an item that is firmly on the violence side of the strategy - violence scale might be a guillotine. This hypothetical item might only be placed between two tiles that are higher than the floor height of the map (think between two trees). When a player jumps through the space that it occupies, the blade falls and does lots of damage. These items wouldn't make a sound once placed, so maybe there would be a hidden traps detection skill or some other item the player could have activated to warn them of the trap.
Further examples might be variants on mines and bombs that only go off if a certain condition is met, like the player being in their range having less than 50 percent of health, or not having a certain item (maybe an identification card) that allows them to pass. These items would each have their own weaknesses, so no item is too powerful and doesn't provide an unfair advantage.

I would really appreciate well thought out responses to this topic, including weaknesses your proposed item structure, or skill might have.
In fact...
Any item, skill, or structure you mention must have one strength (advantage for players), and one weakness.
If I do use your item or structure, I'll probably change the strength or weakness slightly or  drastically so that if this game is released you guys won't have an unfair advantage tongue.

I look forward to readin g your ideas!