Re: Quests, quests, quests...

Well what about the people that are not creative? I myself require a little structure to be able to function. If you give me a gigantic map with all these towns, wilds, undergrounds, NPCS, etc., I will have no idea where to start. I want to play a game that rewards me when I finally earn the right to access the Royal Armory, not one that just hands it to me because I stumbled hap-hasardly into it while wondering aimlessly around the globe. Quest masters also give you insight into where the secret areas of the game are. I want to find these secret areas. I don't want to have to wonder and wonder, talk and talk, search and search for something that I may never find because it's barried in a world with no direction.

Now that being said, I understand your point completely, so don't go off on another rant of how nobody understands your point. I get it. Afterall, I play games to escape the confinds of reality, and become a product of my own creation, nobody elses. Y es I follow a storyline, or orders, or concept, but there is no such game that is not dictated by one of those in some way shape or form. Even an artist, who paints in the middle of the jungle with no interaction of the outside world, has a force guiding his brush. His ideas and expressions are not his own, but in fact brought on by the environment he is surrounded by. So although there is no specific person telling him what to do or what to think, he is still influenced by the world around him. Nobody can say, I have created something without any external influence. Same goes for games as they are man made, not something naturally occurring.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GeminiLancer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : death via Audiogames-reflector