Re: microsoft-espeak-forked tts

I'm not necessarily ok with that. What I was saying is that would give Microsoft a solid tts framework to work with, but it would lead nowhere fast if two dominants in the field tried to strike a partnership. It would likely ultimately result in one of the companies, more likely Nuance, getting bought out. And Microsoft buying Nuance would be really, really bad, that's putting it lightly. But at the same time, I don't think tts creation is their calling, so what I was basically saying was they need help from a solidly run tts. A division comparable to that of Google's Deepmind, the people developing Google's Wavenet speech synthesis. A division within Microsoft free to experiment. Of course, I highly doubt Ms would actually do this, because Google's been all about experimentation from the word go, unlike MS.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : luiscarlosgm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shotgunshell via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : john via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shotgunshell via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shotgunshell via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector