Re: Audio Games and Anti-virus

Youch!

Mccaffee I wouldn't trust again following an episode when I was living in college, got a virus through the network, ---- a virus which actually didn't cause any major problems beyond occasionally closing a webpage I was looking at, however when the network decided to forceably install Mcaffee on all machines it managed to utterly crash my laptop so badly I needed it professionally repared since Mcaffee couldn't cope with Supernova starting at the same time it detected a virus.

Until I moved out of  COLLEGE and finally gave Mcaffee the heave hoE, I actually lived in terror of another virus not because of any problems the virus would cause, for fear of how Mccaffee might lock up my machine while trying to remove it big_smile.

In terms of audiogames, the only games Avg has regularly caused issues with have been the Bsc ones, those old klango games such as haunted factory and pirate memory game,  and Night of parasite. You used to be able to get around this with exception set for the program files but for some this stopped working in later versions, or at least later versions of Avg seemed to ignore the exceptions next time you did a full scan.

Then again, since every version of avg since 2014 or so has been getting increasingly inaccessibler (which is a completely cromulant word), when I got my new windows 10 machine I've now switched to windows defender and hasven't had any trouble thus far.