Re: What ever happened to wayfar1444

it is a shame, particularly since shortly before the game went down there were some vi access fixes which made the game possible to play efficiently without use of the ascii map, indeed had the game still been around I'd probably have done a db page for it.
the crafting and wilderness survival was imho some of the best I've seen, especially in how you could go from literally making a cabin in the woods to building a huge colonized city and entire starships. It also had one of the nicest remort systems I've seen in any mud I think, where to remort your character needed to finish a specific goal, eg, erect 10 buildings, find a certain number of plants etc. Combat was also pretty cool and I'm told got even more fun when you got into space and could go and fight space pirates for valuable resources.

My one regret with the game is that I do wish there had been better waysmanaging your colony and it's npc population, since it seemed once you had buil t most of the basic structures there wasn't a lot else to do but very finicky, extremely large multistage crafting of complex things with many subcomponents and tasks required.

It would be awesome if it did return, indeed I thought development was going pretty well, however  looking at This final post on the devblog

It seems that while the code will be available in case anyone wants to use it for another game, there won't be anymore updates, which is a dam shame.