Re: Monthly chat April 2017

@Guitarman, the gate struck me as very well designed, though at the same time a little unforgiving in it's difficulty what with the precision of weapon ranges etc, indeed perhaps a little too much given that even towards the end of the demo you get monsters who's basic attack mechanics means they can one hit kill you even on easy, ---- I'm thinking of the devil spiders btw, since something that repeatedly freezes so effectively you have no ability to escape and are dead if hit once is rather extreme difficulty wise for a games' fourth level or easy mode, ditto with the need to try and conserve arrows, or the need to literally hammer at ridiculous speed in order to get an optimum attack wrate (why audiogame creators feel the need for this I don't know), , though I did like the way different monsters took different techniques and needed to be distinguished from each other, rather than the usual method of ramping up difficulty by simply throwing a bunch of th ings at the player willy nilly so that both in terms of audio and in terms of gameplay the player is just overwhelmed by noise. Thou

I might try the gate again some day and maybe buy it, indeed as I said wonky previous keyboard didn't help big_smile.

As to paladin, I love the story, environments and music, but I do wish the battle system and writing were better, including a little more by way of description for players, attacks, environments, then again Manamonus both a far more complex battle system and a far better written story with at least some description (for the manamonanyway).

I've actually been having a miner gaming break recently. Partly this has been due to the need to sort things out for our trip to London this weekend for music school, partly spending time with my lady,a and partly just wanting to sit down and read.
The sorting out has be en a bit hellish due to the fact that in their infinite wisdom, rail track, the stupid company who own the actual tracks to English railways (the trains etc are owned by someone else, and yes, this is a bloody stupid arrangement),  to do engineering works on a saturday night right across the northeast.

this meant several hours yesterday phoning train companies, indian call centers for train companies and disabled assistance, not to mention taxi firms and various other people in an effort to get things sorted out.

I did eventually but only because my parents offered to put us up for Saturday night so we don't have to go back up north following music school.
Honestly! and ! the government wonders why people do not use public transport, ---- well people who have the choice anyway!
Of course things would be rather better if the transport wasn't owned by about five different companies who are at war with each other and we could have a little coher ence, but that is waaay too much to ask, ---- insert rant on why we should bring back British rail stop paying money to these morons!

Getting on to books I confess I didn't  care for the tommynockers myself. It had some great ideas (I love the way  king describes the affects of air changing, some of the ideas and things that get built), but in general it seemed to go off a little too much into weerd digressions for my liking. My lady is a really major king fan BUT ISN'T KEEN ON THAT ONE EITHER.
again I did first read it at the age of about 15, maybe I would be a bit more patient now?

Another reason for the lack of gaming is due to the fact I've een reading the third october day book by Seanon mcguire an artificial night.
That one has been amazing, probably one of the  best urban fantasy novels I've ever read, indeed I'm just working on a review for it now.

I've now started a collection of stories by Angela carter, who is the author who wrote he the book the magic toyshop.
I wanted something a little more challenging, though thus far her stuff seems to be actually quite readable and just fun, albiet in a rather disturbing if very poetic way.

Anyway now I need to go to the bank and get some cash tso ttfn.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shotgunshell via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shotgunshell via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shotgunshell via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector