Re: When do you think were the best years of Pop music?

I think the best years were 1955 through 1969.
So many different genres were represented on the Billboard charts, from pop, to soul, to folk, to rock.
Another element that was present in a lot of music from that era was simply a sense of fun. I feel like that is missing these days.
Finally, maybe just because of the history of the times, there was a depth of meaning to some of the music that has made it timeless.
Just my two cents on my favorite musical era.