Re: Top 5 MUD list

I've played probably hundreds of muds in the past few years. Sadly some of my favorite muds are ones that aren't complete or have vanished. Dark legacy, for example would be amazing if things wer fleshed out. Godwars II is always and forever probably going to be at the top of the list, project bob was great and GWSE is still my all-time favorite abandoned mud.

As someone who has done dev work on PROMO, I'm a bit depressed with that place. I love the staff but it needs Jack to care to get things done. We did get some really cool stuff in though like better star research and relics are pretty dam amazing right now, so that's always fun. CR just felt really grindy to me and I couldn't be interested in progressing. I botted what I could and still it was boring. (Yes, I know I broke the rules).
AA has always felt like it suffers from a ton of balance issues, and I'm not a fan of the staff, but it's not a bad game really if there's nowh ere else to go. I'll spend hours on Godwars grinding or minmaxing eq before I'll spend 30 minutes on AA, though.
Awakenedworlds is fun, lots of exploring. I spent a good long while there and enjoyed it. There are some pretty big issues, but it's not awful.Nothing else is coming to mind right away.