Re: Kickstarter Project for "A Hero's Call" from Out of Sight Games

Kai, you're actually hinting at something that's been pretty central to our design philosophy. For this game, we want to make the finished game as universally accessible as possible. That means considering not only blind gamers but sighted gamers, deaf gamers, gamers with motor disabilities, and so on. I'm sure there are use cases we haven't considered, but we're trying to take as much of this into account as we can.

So another facet of this is making the game accessible to gamers of different skill levels. There are always going to be gamers who want a game that's punishingly hard, but there are also going to be people who may never have had the opportunity to play a game like this, and so we have to keep that in mind in terms of complexity and difficulty. One thing we've been talking about is a way to make the game difficulty adjustable, to better meet different gamers' needs. Not sure how much progress we're going to make on th at, but we definitely have made an effort to make certain features that open up the game to players with a lower skill level but don't get in the way for more skilled players who want to ignore them, and then on the other hand trying to build in game elements that reward more skilled or adventurous players without punishing those at a lower skill level.

Dan_C: No randomized stats per se, but I think that would probably lead to more confusion and tedium than needed. If I have a leather helmet equipped, and I pick up a leather helmet, I don't want to have to check to see if the leather helmet I picked up is better than the one I'm wearing.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragomier via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ZK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Joseph Westhouse via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sito via Audiogames-reflector