help with swamp update

hello, I bought an account and downloaded swamp from audiogames, which is ver 3.5
however it asked to update to 3.6 b in oder to play online
. I downloaded the patch of aprone's website. but how do I update? i ran the swamp in the patch folder, but it seems to be a separate thing, as there are no voices, and my minutes aren't  registerred, any help what to do is appreciated.