urgent manamon help needed

hi all.
So I recently purchased manamon and am enjoying it a lot. However, I have ran into what I think might be a bug in the game. This bug is very frustrating because i'm thinking I may have to start over.
So I have made it to the box puzzle in the arcade secret hideout. I red a guide telling me exactly how to do this puzzle. I believe his name was jade who wrote the guide. So I followed the instructions and was able to generate the teleporter by moving the box down twice and east 4 times. Then I messed up so I had to reload my game. I also decided to go back to the hotel after reloading. After coming back to the hideout, I tried to move the box down 1 and right 4 again. This time, no teleporter appeared. I am pretty sure I am doing everything exactly as was mentioned. If anyone could help me out with this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. I cannot move on without the teleporter being generated.