Re: dilema, IOS or Android?

I don't disagree it's annoying, but it's also completely inevitable because Apple isn't selling 32-bit hardware any more and they control the store where developers submit their apps. You can still download 32-bit apps you've already purchased on a 32-bit device, so it should be sufficient to keep one; it won't go beyond iOS 9. Of course, if an app is pulled, then your only hope is iTunes and the backup of the app file you made (because you did make one, didn't you?), which you can then use to transfer the app to your phone.

@Dark: the adaptor that goes from Lightning to 3.5 mm headphone is in the box with the phone, or you can get an iPhone SE. Annoying, but ultimately surmountable and manageable. Still, removing the jack was (and is) stupid. I still like the iPhone 7 Plus, though, because it's nice and loud, goes up to 256 GB storage, and is big enough for braille screen input (life-changing, for me; I now do more reading and writing than ever on my phone).