Re: CodeFactory Eloquence

@Trajectory

You got me curious, so I looked up that employment contract and found that any hold that contract had on me expired two years after my employment ends, which was in 2012, so it hasn't been in effect for almost three years.

With that said, I can answer yes, I was one of the primary developers of SoftwarePassport/Armadillo, though 90% of my work was with Armidillo itself.

SoftwarePassport was just a alternate user interface that Digital River thought was more marketable than Armadillo's rather sparten but functional user interface was. I had to laugh, I'd always thought that one of the goals of marketing was to develop a memorable name. In that regard Digital River failed miserably. People where always calling Software Passport strange names like Software Password!

I started working on Armidillo with it's creator about nine months before Digital River acquired Silicon Realms.

The things DR had us do to Armadillo still mak e me cringe. To support everything they wanted, the protection engine, which gets attached to every protected program, grew from about 400 KB to something like 2 MB. What a bunch of useless bloatware it was.

Although it more than likely not legal, thankfully I kept copies of the source code for versions both before and after DR got a hold of us. Don't ask me why I kept copies of the source code, especially since I have no plans to do anything with it. But something told me at the time that it might be a good idea.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : david_solomon1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector