Re: death match project alpha update public beta

First impressions aren't everything, and I'm fully aware this is a beta, so take all of this as whatever you like, but my intent is to hopefully come across constructively critical.
Before going any further though, I'd like to stress that I like what I'm seeing thus far.  I got a bit confused with the manual piloting system but once used to it found it quite intuitive and went around mining asteroids for a couple of hours.  I'm still looking forward to autopilot because I'm a lazy person who doesn't like having to think about things and what have you, and that brings me to a couple of lazy suggestions I think might be worht implamenting if only because more people will actually consider playing and find the experience a bit easier to adjust to.
1.  either, A, make hitting enter start tracking an item after selecting it from the v list, B, hit enter on the item and turn toward it, c, walk to the item in question upon hitti ng enter, or d, make it an option that does one of the above.  If A is true, you can honestly get away without having so many beeps and blips that are meant to be used as tracking indicators and just have one for the sake of tracking the item of interest, along with a key you can hit to see where the item is in comparison to where you are that'll update as you move closer or further away from the item.  B might not be as ideal because items might be inside other rooms or behind other doors so you would still have to find the doors in question and get around other obstacles, but it would sure beat pushing/holding down the arrow keys just to try and get a somewhat accurate heading on an item.  C is the laziest of all, obviously, and would just do everything but cook your breakfast, and some people might just like it that way.
2.  Ambience and other volumes: some sounds are just plain loud and interfere with screen reading.  some sounds are entirely u nnecessary and unessential to gameplay.  A few things to toggle here or there in that department would be entirely appreciated.
3.  Consider kicking idle players after a certain amount of time?  I just logged off because trying to do anything was practically impossible; it was taking anywhere from 10 seconds upward for me just to get coords and perform other actions.  I'm not sure if that's because there were a ton of people logged on at once or what have you, but last night certainly didn't present this issue.
4.  Perhaps I'm missing them in all the other background sound, but I wouldn't mind hearing sounds that indicate when the ship's movement starts and stops.
5.  Keep up the good work and keep up the good work and keep up the good work.  And did I mention keeping up the good work?  No, I'm sure I didn't, so keep up the good... Oh, forget it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : DracoSelene89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cuddley via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Karlitos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sito via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hanif via Audiogames-reflector