Re: Empire mud 2.0

Anything from beginner level to I'd say around mid range is soloed easily Enough. Getting your skills to max, getting to gear level 150 or so -- maybe even 200 if you're careful and good -- all this is soloable. Anything high end,, however, is mostly designed for grouping. It's being worked on with different difficulty levels for the same adventures, but still, even the easiest modes for especially powerful bosses are impossible to do alone.

I love empire mud 2.0, and have been playing it off and on since before beta. Recently though, I find myself enjoying it less and less, because it's slowly but gradually moving away from the crafting and building focuses, and moving towards basically the reason I rarely play muds anymore -- more grind and find style mechanics. The best example I can give of this are the 50 or so new equipment patterns added to the game. These 50 patterns, pieces of craftable equipment between levels 125 and 225 or so, can drop on any creature in any part of the world of the appropriate level. In practice, this means players spend less time crafting the equipment, and more time walking around mindlessly killing things to get it to load.

I realize this post is colored heavily by my bias and, despite this, I don't mean to put you off playing. It is a wonderful mud, particularly if it's your first time actually building an empire, but, like all things, it has its less appealing characteristics. I'm pretty sure, however, that I've never had as much fun on a mud as I did planning out our empire's massive capital city.

The best thing about empire mud is seeing your empire rise from literally nothing. I hope you can find this sort of enjoyment in your gameplay. smile