Re: VPN's

@Green Gables Fan,

A VPN (virtual private network) is just a network you connect to for sake of privacy.  You cannot be tracked by your ISP or any agency in terms of where on the net you go, or anything related to your behavior online.

A VPS (virtual private server) is just a remote server you can operate to do things you can't otherwise do on your home computer, usually for hardware limitations and stable broadband reasons.  Linux is unrestrictive and offers many updates, while Windows Server is (from what I understand) full of security holes and not nearly as popular.  That's just from what I know.  There are plenty of other reasons.  I host a VPS to do basic things like host an Apache2 web server and a TeamTalk server.

HTH

Luke