Re: think before you act

Well, let's put it this way. Android, in some cases, is the hardest firmware to brick. Ios may be able to do dfu restores, but Android, at least the nexus line which any educated android user knows is the best phone *who cares about the price, buy a cheap Samsung phone or any phone by a company that is anti-rooting and wants you to know it, and you end up wasting more time than money* no offense, but it's true. Android is not one of those phones that you can just pick up off the shelf without a care in the world like an iphone. You must educate yourself on the phone you are considering, and if its through a carrier and they don't carry the nexus, screw the contract and get an unlocked phone, it's exactly what I did. Again no offense, but essentially the phone decision you made, whether it was yours or not, is like a blind person choosing to get an htc phone in the old days of Android, or, in more general terms, a phone with no physical navigation control and ex pecting it to work. True, different objective, but you see what I mean. Word of wisdom, Samsung is anti-rooting, they keep track of your custom firmware flashing escapades via triangles so if you were to return it to Samsung, they would have enough evidence to not give you a warranty. Google, on the other hand, gives you full access to recovery, and their phones are the hardest to brick. Why? Because you have full control over the preboot interface as well as the software through Android Debug Bridge. And to prove it, I can say that I, while flashing custom firmware to no avail after not being able to enable talkback, I was able to restore the phone with the emergency stock firmware flash. I've flashed firmware and custom kernels that eventually led to accidentally bricking my old nexus 5, probably about 10 times, without a care in the world. All there was to do was restore, and it was good as new. So getting back to the subject of Ios. Dev betas are free, it's the dev acc ount that's not free. Technically the person who's *giving* out the profiles is violating the nda. That's why Apple is less angry about jailbreaking, because it doesn't violate their policies. Yeah, twisted, I know, but I guess as long as it doesn't violate their policies they're somewhat cool with it. Your profile could've contained malware, who knows. Profiles are installed by anyone, businesses to string their devices to their domain and nothing else, profiles for firmware updates, you name it. So they can do whatever the profile creator chooses.