Re: New app for picture and document recognisation, seeing AI by Microsoft

I know, it's a really cynical view, and there's no escaping it. And I really don't mean to bring this topic down, but I do question the motives of companies such as MS, Apple, and Google. If they want to be utterly self-interested, okay, that's the society we live in, I just don't particularly like it when they try to tack on some apparently altruistic intent. I don't have a smart phone because I don't need one, not for privacy reasons. If I had a really active social life, no doubt I'd own one. My point about privacy was really just a comment on the kinds of devices we have today. If 20 years ago the state told us we had to all carry a device that would listen in on all our conversations and even film us in our own front rooms and everywhere else and monitor every move we make, we'd have tolde them where they can shove that idea, but that's where we are right now by desire. If you got the wrong people in power, we're in quite a precarious position if you think about it.