TM's and HM's in Braillemon

After defeating the second stadium (gym) in Braillemon, I found a tree south of the Poke Mart that needs to be cut down. I've allready gone to Bill's house and got the ticket, and am now wondering how to cut the tree if that's what I need to do? Their's a person saying that the bush is in the way and I need to do something about it, and the exit to route 9 is blocked by the tree. I can't find the item to use Cut, and none of my Pokemon have it in their move list. I've looked in evry menu, even gone back to the gym and I can't use it. How do I use this move to progress the game? My team currently is: Bulbasaur (second form) level 18, Pidgeotto level 18, Geodude level 17, Kadabra level 18, and Pikachu level 18.