Re: A shocking and depressing news!

hi Caccio,

It seems like you and I have a lot in common,  not only in the taste of audio games but our age and we both started life with sight.

I have got RP and at this moment I can  only determine light and dark.

people who have been blind from birth in my experience don't suffer as much with the psychological effects, like in my case manic depression.

Also I have found people who are born blind have much more fulfilled lives, what I mean by this is, they are much more independent, have full time jobs etc.

I am now 44 years old and cannot even make it to the local shops on my own even though its only 100 yards away,  I can't have mobility training at the moment because my anxiety levels will not permit it..

people who I talk to smile when I refer back to my sighted life like I have been born twice, but it seems  likre its 2 different life spans.

I was 32 by the time I needed a screen reader, and the sight lo ss was gradual, on the plus side I nanaged to see my 2 sons being born and could drive and managed to see a bit of the world, but in some respects I wish I was just born blind because I would have been a much happier person and may not have contracted mental illness.

please try not to dwell on it to much mate or you could end up with far more problems than just blindness, I always used to think why me but there are far more worse people of than us, that's the only crumb of hope I can give you to cling onto.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shrike via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Caccio72 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector