Re: How do developers decide the prices of products?

for me it makes no difference how much they charge,   my priority is the quality of the game.

I will just give you an IOS example.

I rarely buy a game unless there is a trial version I can try or I have researched it thoroughly.

King of dragon pass for example was £10 with no trial to see if it was a game I would be interested in,  so I proceeded to investigate the reviews and was eventually swayed to take the plunge.

now I must confess, if there was a trial version of kodp I most certainly would never have bought it,  however because I handed over the equivalent of a nice bottle of wine I made myself play it and over time grow to love it.

the plus side to trial games are expertly described in the whole of the blindfold series,  the 10 coin gift you get at the start is superb, as by coin 2 I have realised its not for me then delete the ap, but for completely the opposite reason I never liked kodp.

kodp was the fact I could not understand it that well, the blindfold series was how simplistic everything is and there was as much depth to the games as a shallow puddle.