Re: A mudding guide for newbies, questions and suggestions please

@Tensoon, separation of input and output windows is something I like in Vipmud and one reason I personally prefer it over mushclient, along with several extra keys such as ctrl space to find  in the entry window.

The closest mushclient has to the two windows system is the "capture output" plugin which gives you a notepad window that you can alt tab to which records all the text from the mud.

One handy function both clients also have is an ability to retype a command by just hitting enter on it. Inv ipmud you can do this by going to the output window, using up arrow to find the command you want and hitting enter (you can also do a word search with ctrl r if you need to but this is not as necessary), while in Mushclient you can do it by up arrowing until you find the last line with the command you wanted.

This is handy if say your mining and keep having to type "mine ore" or something similar, since you can just hit up arrow and enter a few times rather than typing out the hole thing.

I don't believe mushclient has an ignore ascii feature though I could be wrong, I do have more experience with Vipmud than Mushclient since I find it over all easier to use, even though I do really like the MushZ client for Alteraeon.

As regards speech rate it's generally a matter of individual choice, what voice your using and how fast you can stand things than any kind of hard and fast rule, especially because some are less forgiving in speed terms than others, and some muds have more or spammy combat.

A good acid test to see if you need to raise the speed is to start a fight, listen to the speech then go down to the bottom of the screen  and hit up arrow to see how much new text is coming in.

If your missing things you might need to turn the speech up.

Btw, I! just learned something.
if you go to tools and preferences in Vipmud and find the system voice, set it as screen reade r and make sure the "reat text entry labels" box is checked Nvda will read the boxes in the connect and character setup prompts no problem.
god knows why this is unchecked by default, but it's nice to know it's not a bug.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : atgnat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : atgnat via Audiogames-reflector