Re: Piglet/Python Audio Tips?

It's good to see someone new who's interested in game development.
As far as integrating libaudioverse (and just fyi, it's spelled exactly like that), it depends on what type of game you want to make and how that uses sound.
As an example, if you are making a simple card game, you most likely don't need 3-d sound positioning, and will just want the ability to play sounds when certain things happen, optionally panning sounds and supporting varying volumes.
This is probably the simplest usage of the library, and the reference manual has an example of how to load a sound and play it (as well as how to pan one); all you need to do is code your game so it follows the steps that the 'buffers and playing files' section of the manual does.

Perhaps a more common example of a way you might want to use sound in your game is with a full 3-d environment; that is, where sounds can move in 3 dimensions around the listener. Games such as Swamp an d Road to Rage are examples of this, though I'm not sure if both actually use 3 dimensions.
To accomplish this, you'll need to use an EnvironmentNode in combination with a SourceNode for every "thing" in your 3-d environment you want to play a sound.
There are many things you can tweak that change how the environment sounds, how far sounds travel, if there is any reverb or other affects that are applied to sources, etc; I highly suggest you read libaudioverse's reference manual and python-specific notes for a good look at what it can do.
Of course feel free to ask any questions here and I'll help if I can.
Good luck!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ultradude306 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ultradude306 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ultradude306 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ultradude306 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ultradude306 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ultradude306 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Blademan via Audiogames-reflector