Re: Blindcraft release, is it possible?

There are a few other Python scripts i've seen floating around based on his work, but I wrote all these based on the small C snippets Peter Meijer had released on his site [here] under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license, which you may want to read over.

After translating I spent some time modifying them for rendering in memory. I have a few source code examples in my repository along with the Audiocraft source above, although i've just written a new one thats a bit more efficient by taking advantage of OpenAL stereo panning instead of building hrtf tables which you can find [here].

The process itself is a bit involved and generally consists of rendering the scene, preferably as a simulated or actual DepthMap, and capturing a texture from the framebuffer to pass off to the sonifier. Th en the image data is loaded into a numpy array, manipulated and multipied with a Sine Waveform array. The Y axis of the array is then summed into a single 1D array, adjusted for volume, and loaded it into a ctypes array. From there its fed into an OpenAL buffer and loaded for playback.

I had modified the textures in Audiocraft so they were all grey'ish, made the background fog black, and cut the rendering distance to around 20 for the immediate area to simulate a depthmap, where close objects were bright and got darker as they were further away. The current sonifier for Audiocraft processes a 64 by 64 region, so I did a double pass render with the first pass drawing the scene to a 64 by 64 region which I captured from the framebuffer for processing, then reset the view area to 640 by 480 to re-render. The Stereo output sonifier is also rather process intensive and sonifying larger regions would increase the load exponentially, i'd ended up using a generator and retur ning control to the mainloop and processing the data incrementally to keep the program from stalling whenever the sonifier was run.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : 7ro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Angel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Bogdan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Angel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SkyLord via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector