Re: lords and knights advice

Hi,
Do any of you who have been playing for a while know exactly how to trickle when defending your castle? I always seem to stumble at this point; I have read several instructions but I am not sure if I understand it correctly, there is also a website you can go on where you paste your castle's coordinates and it will basically link you to free castles to send units to so they return in time for a particular battle round, but the last time I played with that the site wasn't very accessible. Would appreciate any tips as I would love to get back into the game and not have all my work collapse during a war just because I couldn't trickle defence properly.