Re: Rogue like games?

I'm not new to rogue like games, as I've played several quite frequently before I lost my vision, but back then my gaming focus was on first person shooters like Doom, Quake, Unreal, and Half Life.

So I know all about choosing appropriate races to maximize a classes abilities, you don't pick a Halfling for a fighter. I also know to collect whatever's around me after a battle and reequip my characters with better equipment when it becomes available, yet I still can't get past the goblin king, and seeing that it's been stuck at version 1.20j for the past four years, it doesn't look as though there's any hope of any future development that might fix some of these problems.