Re: Installing Windows 7 pro 64bit

Thanks. It worked as far as getting the windows install to run, but unfortunately after it restarted, I just have silence. I was hoping for windows startup music at some point to let me know I was on the desktop and could run my screen reader from an external HD, but no sound at all. Last time I installed win 7 with sighted assistance, it installed most of the drivers automatically, so I had audio without having to do anything. That doesn't appear to be the case here. I have no idea if the install has failed in some way, or if just the drivers haven't installed. And like an idiot, I did this at 1 in the morning, so I'll have to wait til tomorrow to get someone to see what's happening on screen.
So sadly, it's been a failed exercise.