Re: Monthly chat August 2017

@Simba, I am rather jealous of that Lion king back stage tour that must've been fantastic,  on neither occasion did nmy lady or I get something similar.

@ClarinetLover welcome to the monthly chat topics, hope you enjoy the rmablement.
Funny your also moving at the start of next month. I am also living with my best friend which definitely helps, especially since I'm married to her big_smile.

Unfortunately, I'm finding the higher level I get in Aardwolf the more annoying it is to find quest and campaign targets, even if I decided goals are rather too obscure to try and achieve. The last three campaigns I found myself getting stuck in areas trying to find mobs somewhere there was no way to get to, and like Aardwolf's goals, the methods required are usually very obscure. This seems rather unfair, especially for  generic pre-generated autoqu ests.
It also doesn't help that while there are lots of players online, your chance of receiving any kind of assistance is patchy at best, indeed one reason I gave up on trying to do goals in the game is that frequently I'd get to a sticking point and be told something like "that goal isn't meant for you" or something like that, this is very irritating for someone who really enjoys doing quests.

unfortunately, rather busy, and often sad things keep coming up over here, and I'm not just talking about reading Stephen King since on Sunday and Monday my lady and I met up with friends we'll be leaving when we move.
On sunday we went to an awesome semi Asian restaurant (they have everything from tie, to Vietnamese and Mongolian as well as usual  Chinese and some experimental), to see some old friends of mine.
What was extremely sweet is said old friends presented us with two fantastic swords to decorate our new house as a ho usewarming present. Very much fantasy blades, one with a dragon up the hilt.

Then on Monday we met another two friends, though this time one of my friends who is a very keen cook decided to cook us an amazing meal composing several courses from steamed cod and lemon potatoes to beef cheeks in port. This was also awesome, though has obviously left both of us a little stuffed big_smile.Not only our moving, but another recent thing which has come up for my lady is the fact that her dad, who is old and definitely not a well chap is moving out of their family house and in with my lady's sister and her husband (the same sister we stayed with when I went over to Pennsylvania). This of course means lots of trans Atlantic phone calls and a deal of hassle, and it's easy since my lady is having to go through her childhood items by proxy and ecide what she wants to keep.It's al so difficult given that my lady's sister is getting rather stressed, and manifestly its a little difficult to help with things when you have a rather large ocean in the way.

As well as the moving and my usual reading (this time lots of Stephen King), I have also submitted my first formal article to tor.com. This is a deal more professional than I've done recently, one step closer if I want to start writing professionally  and even comes with payment, so we'll see what happens, though I'm likely to have to wait a couple of weeks.

on a more usual level I'm also this morning just finishing off my review for Heartless, Marissa Meyer's rather odd prequel to Alice in Wonderland.

Hopefully everyone else is having a good time in this wet and dismal august, my lady is quite disappointed that summer seems to have finished, but that is England for you big_smile.