Re: Role-playing, and RPGs: An explanation

Haramir wrote:

Swagtastic, nice work out there. I sort of had an idea, not sure how catastrophic may it be. But what if we recruit people whiling to participate in  a forum driven narrative? We can use this topic to decide who's going to join us, what rules, if any, would be used, and create another topic either somewhere else, or here at the audiogames.net forums to start playing. What say you?
Best regards, Haramir.

Thanks, really appreciate tha compliment. I'm not exactly feeling quite up to a forum based RP right now-- i'm a bit tapped out on them. But my feelings on these things change pretty frequently, so I might be up for one in the future. In the mean time I can reccomend you to a pretty good website that's chock full of people blind and sighted alike who love forum RPing.

http://www.roleplayerguild.com/

AlirezaNosrati wrote:

most of the players use OOC chat to insult others and say words like ba**s f**ck you and...

how's the online version of swamp? is it good?

It seems people's experience with the STW chat seems to vary. People dont' take it very seriously, but I don't think it's bad. I've been trying to look for people to roleplay with me on that game since I downloaded though. No such luck yet, unfortunately.

In regard to swamp, I think the online is brilliant. The chat's not incredibly active, and it's definitely not active in terms of roleplay, but I find a person who goes along with it every now and again. I usually just RP on a different radio channel than the standard. In terms of gameplay, the missions are fun if you find the right people to do them with. I'd say it's worth the cash, but it's not a game that I can play endlessly in it's base form. I had to give it my own polish to make it more replayable.