Re: help

@Dj clue, welcome to the forum. Perhaps some more information about the problem might be helpful here.
Eg, which version of windows your using?[ a-t ]
I actually wonder myself, given that you say you can detect no networks if it is a hardware rather than a software problem,  I suspect if it was something like over zealous security measures you'd be able to detect current networks, but not to connect to them.

Some brands of laptop have a wireless switch which you can use to disable all wireless capabilities. It's handy if your going on an aeroplane. I would look around for something like that, perhaps ask someone to check the and back of your laptop, usually they also come with a light which is on when wireless connectivity is possible.

hth.

@Ethin, double posting is sometimes unavoidable, especially if a person has a dodgy connection and the page had to load more than once, I've done it myself quite accidently. It's an easy t hing to fix (indeed I've just fixed this), so  need for throwing around accusations, especially to new members.