Re: Role-playing, and RPGs: An explanation

hello everyone, I saw this thread and just thought I'd weigh in here since this is a topic that peaks my interest thoroughly which is why I became a mudder in I believe 2009 or so. The reason I love roleplaying so much is because it quite literally allows you to do things and go places you would never even think of doing or going in real life. On that knote, when I play roleplaying games, and by the way, I would love to play dungeons and dragons, but the audio chat room has gone away and they just haven't brought it back which stinks. As I was saying though another reason I love roleplaying so much is because it allows you to think such things as hmm, if I had powers and abilities like this in real life, what would I do with them? how would I use them? for example, when I play some sort of mud, I never ever ever play an evil character. I'm always the guy wielding the sword and on the side of law and order. Usually the paladin or warrier, and if the world allows it, a warrier mage wielding both sword and magic proficiently. Another plug here, I absolutely love anything that iron realms entertainment does because their muds are so in depth and well written, and you can really do a lot in their worlds and I'm looking forward to seeing starmourn come out. In achaea for example, my character is a paladin named quanshee. Well that's my two cents for what they're worth, this is a fun topic. Would it be cool if I shared my experiences in achaea as the character quanshee? that is, it would be Quanshee speaking and sharing his life here. Let me know, and if it's not cool that's okay too if you'd rather I create a separate thread for that.