Re: developers and empty promises

Hmmm.
[[wow]], so these guys are sighted guys who I think wanted this to come out, the blind version takes a bit more work, probably more things to do.
And guys there are no shortcuts, no synths, its all audio.
On that note from working with sonnar, which is still working, not always notifying me on releases on whats going on, etc, do any of you realise how much actually goes in behind the sceens.
Now I can understand your frustrations having been on the user end, hell I was a pirate once in the early 90s when it was cool, I understand user pains as well as players.
But if you want broken promises look at bavisoft, look at james north, and look at all the other companies bar one that is that failed because life got in the way.
When I was 20 I thought I had a lot of time.
I am now 35 years old.
And gaming and such rocks.
Life doesn't, in fact sometimes life can fill up a lot.
One thing the general user thinks is that we guys do this for our jobs.
And while some do the majority don't, we have lives and jobs and other such things offline.
Or we are trying to keep cash coming in and the like for the future.
Thats why audiogamehub has subscriptions and that sort of things.
Fact is this company is barely starting out.
Now look at breakerbox, eventually they come through maybe a bit sloppy with their releases and the like but most of the time the stuff is top notch.
Point is, if you want things to be quick, then expect a quickish game.
Most of this new stuff is experimental, if it wasn't it would be another game clone or clone of ultrapower or something.
Now I do realise some devs and some have shown that their communications skills can be less to be desired and thats a problem but otherwise, most are generally good.
Oh and does anyone go on at draconis or gma to see where their next release is and they hardly communicate.
If anyone should be going on at anyone its valve and steam so we can use it fully without mucking about I don't have time to play steam games not even time to fiddle.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : harrylst via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : harrylst via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BigGun via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hamada via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : slender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hamada via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hamada via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : harrylst via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : harrylst via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jaseoffire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kevin . glaap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kevin . glaap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ideamonster via Audiogames-reflector