Re: Skype on Ios

I don't think we'd be using text chat. How is it for voice chatting, adding contacts etc?

I confess one reason I don't use skype myself is I've always found it, and to a lesser extent computer mikes in general a pain in the arse!

It took me about three days of fiddling back in 2009 to get the dam thing to even produce any sound or recognise the mike after which first my mike broke, then the skype interface broke (or rather was updated but it amounted to the same thing). A few weeks ago I did buy a stand mike for windows which guess what, doesn't work at all (windows recorder,  Cortana etc do nothing despite my changing various sound card and setting type things), so I've not even attempted skype on windows again yet, hence wondering if the IPhone is a better option.

It's a shame so many people use skype, it just seems like a badly supported and fidly program (even when I've started it by accident I've had to end it with the task manager), and when you combine that with Microsoft's crappy mike support your not exactly in for an easy time.