Re: developers and empty promises

Again I wonder why people always! remember the unfulfilled promises here.
I can think of plenty of occasions where accessibility did not happen on first release, King of dragon pass, smugglers series, especially in Smugglers 4, yet again adventure to fate  etc, but are these the occasions people remember?

if this were a year down the road then! I might myself be a polite email to a developer asking about the games' status, as I have already done in several cases, however methinks we're jumping the gun on this one.

As to Orco's point about first episodes, that is an issue, but its a writing issue rather than a gaming issue. Chillingham had a terrible ending, but that is because Chillingham is not a well written game. Not all developers are good writers, but that has little to do with when a game is released, what is released etc. After all there is a major difference between reading a book that has a really open ended conclusion with no resolu tion and no sequel,  someone promising a book, be that a sequel or a prequel which doesn't then appear.
The one is an issue in the ability of the author to write plot,
the other is an issue in the ability of the author, and to a lesser extent their editor, publisher, agent etc, to get their respective fingers out and get work done in  to deliver on a promise.

its the difference in being George R R Martin or Brandon Sanderson, a really good author who doesn't always release books when expected but you know they'll be good when they get there, and Steven Moffat of Doctor who, an author who works so much by "look! look at this big cliff hangery plot mysteriness! isn't it mysterious! wooooo! aren't you interested now!" and you know there will never be any resolution since thewriting just doesn't hang together and leaves you unsatisfied.

Personally given the choice I'd rather the former situation to the latt er, though equally there are those sitautions in the middle, where the current crisis ends, the villain defeated and the plot resolved, but there is room for a sequel.

I'm fairly sure given what I played of episode zero that code 7 will be the former case, i.e, a well written plot with a good resolution that continues through several episodes and doesn't just leave us hanging, though that is something we'll just have to see about.