advice needed after clean install of windows on new ssd

I just got a new ssd for my old laptop. I formatted it and installed win 7. After installing, I found I don't have the 100mb system reserve partition, which I believe holds the boot files. I only have the C partition which is marked as active. I have two questions, why do we need the little system reserve partition, and is my plan to rectify the situation a wise one?
My plan is to create a 100mb partition, and assign it a drive letter. Then open a command prompt and type: "BCDBboot c:\Windows /S X:" where X is the letter I assigned. I once had to format the system reserve partition because backup wouldn't work because of immovable files, and this is how I did it: by copying the boot files to C, then copying them back to the system reserve partition again after formatting it.
What do you guys think, is there an alternative fix, and what should I have done when installing windows to create the system reserve partition in the first place? Thanks.