Re: developers and empty promises

All I am going to say here is that I am immensely pleased that a team of two developers has decided that we're worth the effort of adding accessibility to what began as a mainstream game for the sighted, and initially most likely had no plans of accessibility implementation.  It makes it all the more pleasing to realize that a team with only two devs has decided to listen to our community, but companies with hundreds of coders absolutely refuse to even try to make things accessible.  That attitude is what pisses me off.  When a large company that makes a lot of money and has hundreds of programmers refuses to even attempt to make access fixes out of sheer laziness, that is unfathomable to me.  I'm not saying that they can't, or shouldn't, market primarily to persons who are sighted, but I see absolutely no reason why, with that many coders, they can't do both, even if our releases have to be staggered six to twelve months post the initi al mainstream release.  Take Valve, for example.  There is absolutely zero reason why they cannot implement some accessibility into steam.  Laziness is the reason why they refuse.  You'd think that devs who love what they do would relish the chance to learn new things and the challenge.  Yet it seems as though the devs that are even willing to listen to us or consider us are the ones that are one and two person crews, for whom the effort is going to be tremendous.  Yet the companies that have hundreds of coders, the teams that could divide the work among everyone so that the effort isn't totally taken on by one or two, and so that the problems are more easily solved, don't even consider it.  That's ridiculous to me.  That smacks of nothing but laziness.  So I am not pissed about development delays.  I myself have been working on a game for several years, actually, and a large part of the delay has been simply life -related.  Life shit just got in the way...illness, divorce, etc...  And now that things are on more of an even keel in my life, and I have started working on it again, I have encountered a serious development issue that has forced me to entirely restructure my code, further delaying things.  (I apologize for the numerous developer room posts that I am certain will be written before the game is finished in advance, smile).  That being said, I am by no means giving in or giving up, and if it takes me ten more fucking years, I will finish it.  Lol.  So delays don't displease me.  Laziness, apathy, and being ignored  are what piss me off.  As for code 7, let's be patient and give Kevin and his partner a chance to prove themselves.  From what I have seen, they seem to be upstanding and deserve the benefit of the doubt.

JLove