Re: Code 7 - A fully-voiced text adventure

I persisted and figured out the menu system, where I thought that you were expected to use something like first letter navigation, it turns out that you instead use tab to move from choice to choice.

I may bitch a bit while trying to figure out what's going on but I generally keep at it until I figure it out. Like a dog with a bone, I just keep gnawing at it.

What would have been helpful is a small read me that explains the games controls. Knowing to use tab instead of letters would have saved me a lot of frustration.

I just finished episode zero and am looking forward to the rest of the game and story.

Very well done guys, kudos to you for such a good game.

One thing I did notice, the main menu doesn't pronounce the keys you need to press to do things like start a new game or settings, or exit, etc. What I get is something like:

Press to start a new game
Press for settings
Press to exit

and so on. If there are just let ters in there and you are expecting the text to speech engine to read the letter, sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. The way I've found to ensure that the letters are read is to use words instead of just letters, like this.

Press en to start a new game
Press ess for setting
Press ex to exit

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicfairy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orko via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flame_elchemist via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orko via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orko via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orko via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orko via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Amine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Amine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orko via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tabutcu via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector