Re: XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2 Now accessible

Well I posted a video showing the concept in beta form and we've made progress.  This would actually allow you to internally control the VST parameters through the keyboard, since the plug in is strictly GUI based or all graphics.  There are some dialog boxes however to click on the  boxes, it's a graphic image.     My plugin will allow you to control  all parameters of the VST with speech feedback.    Accessing the VST and making it just work to play presets  is definitely nice, however I like knowing that I can change out specific things like the toms, cymbals, add effects, and layer them.  ALso, being able to export each drum to it's own track and adjusting parameters that way and being able to add external effects in Reaper or Sonar or whatever Daw of choice.   Drum VST's like this have no keyboard shortcuts, but we're implementing them so that way  it's easier for users to navigate.  We're also  going to be able to control, say, the pitch and tone of each selected kit piece.   Basically, it will give you in-depth control of the setup, if this makes any sense, and if I am unable to answer your question, I'm sorry, but that may be because I'm missing something.

I looked into the Reaper documentation  for use with Ozara, and I can only see one use for it, that I'd pick to rewire into Sonar Platinum, and that'd be the Midi section.  Also,  Reaper does not let you use a control surface with accessibility, EG:
Behringer X-Touch compact or Mackie MCU Pro, etc.    It's nice to know that this works well for Mac users, since eventually I do want to switch to a Mac, however, I am not sure  of anything regarding  programming scripts for Mac users, since I never owned a mac in my life.  well, except my iPhone, haha.  I am not opposed to using Reaper though or at least trying it, but I do love using my control surface, and the fact I can use an Xbox 360 as a wireless DAW controller.  My plugins and presets that are being programmed are free to download and use, and I will  definitely do my best to help those who use Reaper, since I want to be able to cover as much area and range as possible.

The  control for AD2 is a NVDA add-on we call SIBIAC which is short sor Single Image Blob Interface Accessible COntrol, and whtihn it, I have programmed to control Guitar RIg 5, Absynth5 and the listed VST's and  as mentioned will be adding this, and Addictive Keys, and  the Native Instruments  plugins are  working in standalone.  I may isolate AD2 and make it it's own add-on  however I'm not sure which route this will all go since  it's still being worked on.    Of course I'm having help with visual aid  making all this work, but I am doing my best.

SLJ wrote:

Hi g-rat.
Here you have a ton of materials for both Logic, Garageband and Reaper. Please note that this is mostly for the Mac, but Reaper is indeed very accessible in Windows as well:
http://www.icanworkthisthing.com/docs/m … ndex.shtml
On this site you have a lot of different content.
More Reaper stuff:
http://audio.pizza
This site have lots of great podcasts about Reaper.
https://github.com/nvaccess/osara
This is the plugin which makes Reaper accessible both for Mac and Windows. On this site, you should navigate to the heading which contains the readme. There you have a ton of content to read through, including accessibility for midi.
As you might know, none of those programs makes inaccessible VST plugins accessible. Therefore my previous question about the accessibility in the project you're working on.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Hrvoje via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tomecki via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thomfahip via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thomfahip via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : xapednub via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : xapednub via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Shawngailk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Shawngailk via Audiogames-reflector