Re: Does anyone have a copy of Endgame by Malinch Entertainment?

I prefer interactive fiction in the style of Zork where you type in your commands, and pass on the multiple choice variety which I guess is called game book style.

My first, and only,  experience with game books were the Inspecter Cindy series and I hated them. There appeared to be no way to preview the choices before you selected one, and there was little, if any, documentation on how to use the programs, and what documentation there was refered to keys by what they did without ever defining what key on the keyboard it was.

Needing to hit the move key in order to change locations made sense, but which key was the move key, it sure wasn't the em key, all that key did was ask a question to whomever I was talking to, and who the heck was I supposedly talking to anyway. Apparently you are always talking to someone, but until you tell the game who you want to talk to, you have no idea who the game thinks you are talking to.

It didn't take me long to un install the game as poorly written trash and to write off 7-128 software as a vendor to avoid.

I'll take the Infocomm approach over that nonsense any day. At least with the Infocomm adventures you knew what the allowed set of commands were and all the puzzles are solvable without walkthroughs or hintbooks, though some of the in game clues can be a bit obscure. And the writing is extremely good.