Re: Does anyone have a copy of Endgame by Malinch Entertainment?

Nope, there are no menus in the Inspector Cindy games, nor are they HTML or PDF game books, they are written in Java and use the Java Runtime Environment. As far as I could tell, the only thing you could do in the games was to ask various suspects or witnesses questions and use their answers to solve the mystery. The only action in them was you moving from one location to another to question a different suspect or witness.

The first interactive fiction game I ever played was the Colossal Caves adventure, though back then, the term interactive fiction hadn't been coined yet. That wouldn't happen until Infocomm came along and ported Zork from the PDP 11 to micros of the day.

So you might say I grew up on parser type interactive fiction, game books didn't even exist yet.  That is probably why I prefer them to game books, though the Inspecter Cindy experience didn't help my opinion of game books any.

By the way, for those of you that have an Alexa enabled device, the original Colossal Caves adventure has been ported to an Alexa skill. I am working my way through it and reliving some old memories.